This remarkable Smartphone is no doubt the driving force
behind the massive success of the Smartphone itself
with Smartphone users accounting for 38%
of all Mobile Phone users today.
Some stats re the Smartphone:
- 110 million Americans now own a Smartphone and by the end of
the year Smartphone owners will become the new mobile majority in the U.S.
- 91% of Smartphone owners have their phone within arm’s reach 24/7
- 472 million smart phones were shipped in 2011, compared with just 415 million PC’s
Some interesting facts about the iPhone:
The iPhone development and the early years:
- The original iPhone is estimated to have cost around $150 million to develop.
- The first iPhone took 74 days to reach one million sales.
- The iPhone was launched back in July 2007, back then only 9 million Americans owed an IPhone,
which represented just 4% of the US Mobile Market.
- In 2007, 61 percent of iPhone owners were male, more than half were between the ages of 25-44 and 48%
percent had a household income of $100,000 or greater.
- The 25-44 age bracket makes up 46% of the iPhone user base.
- While those earning $100,000 and greater still command a hefty portion of the audience, users with income levels of $50,000-$75,000 represented the fastest growing audience income segment, now accounting for nearly 1 in every 5 iPhone owners.
Market stats today:
- IPhone OS is 2nd in the U.S. after Android, with a 31.9% Market share & 35.1 million
iPhones out there today:
The iPhone in Business
- The iPhone is today’s chosen mobile device, with an estimated 30 percent of mobile workers using it.
The iPhone Today
- During the last 5 years, Apple has introduced five different versions of the iPhone.
- In May 2012, females accounted for a much more prominent share of iPhone owners
at 47 percent vs. 53 percent males.
- There are over 650,000 iPhone apps available today
- Nearly 3 in every 4 iPhone owners currently uses the iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S
the original iPhone released in 2007 now only accounts for 2%
(Sources Comscore Nielsen, Cisco, Intuition)