If you are a small business owner, nothing is better than tapping
the local internet market. Advertising for the local internet market through
Google Local, Yahoo Local or Yelp can bring you more customers than
advertising for a global market. Though the task may seem a bit daunting at the onset,
you would actually start seeing soaring profit in a very short interval of time.
- Sign in to Google Local Business Center account:
You have to sign up to the Google Local Business Center
account to be seen in the Google Seven Box.
These are the seven search results that appear along with
the map of the area on the top of the search page,
this will highly optimize your business profile and
you will be on the top of local listings.
- Keyword with place name: Use the place name with the main keyword to
optimize your visibility. If you are a magician in Brisbane,
then your keyword should be something like ‘magician Brisbane’.
This will give you higher listing on the local search engines.
- Use local phone number: When you are putting your business for listing,
don’t put only the toll free number. Put local area code and
even mobile number for contact. This will also make your listing visible to
the local web surfers.
- Put pictures: If you have picture of you business or product,
put them on your website. This will give your business more visibility and
also brings in more traffic. Never put generic file name for the picture.
Use specific file name.
- Ask for reviews: You can have a blog of your business where the people who
use/used your product can write some comment and reviews.
This will increase your market value and you will get more business.
You can also have a comment box inserted in the website so that
people can give comments on your product.
- Get back links: If you have back links pointed to your website from reputed sites,
then you can easily rank higher on the local search engines.
The incoming links from reputed site will improve your ranking.
- Insert contact details: It is very important that people locate you easily and
come to you. One of the best ways to do it is to insert your contact details and
phone number on each web page.
- Pay per Click (PPC): You can also get listed in the local PPC linking.
This will help you getting listed in specific demographic and
geographic locations as specified by you. This can also reduce the cost of each click.
If you follow these simple tips, you are bound to get higher rankings in
your local internet market. This in turn will have a soaring
traffic swamp your website and subsequently will lead to
a highly rewarding conversion rate.